If you wish to Submit an abstract for the Environmental Health Australia 45th National Conference 2021 please read the information on this page. All presenters receive complimentary conference registration the day that they are presenting. The deadline for submission is 28 May 2021.
EHA is seeking abstracts for oral presentations, short presentations on current projects, research or local issues, panel discussion/debate and poster presentations to explore the conference theme: Environmental Health – Fire and Ice.
- Emergency management
- Food safety and consumer protection
- Climate change
- Communicable disease and vector control
Drinking water and wastewater
- Global environmental health issues
- Improving environmental health practice
- Waste management
- Hazardous waste / Contaminated sites
- Water management
- Public health
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander environmental health
Information required to complete your submission
To complete your submission will require the following information:
- *Abstract title.
- *Abstract: Maximum of 200 words. No images or graphs.
- Abstracts are to include identification of your theme and a brief outline of:
- problems that have occurred in your chosen topic
- solutions to these problems
- implementation of the new strategies; and
- evaluation of the above.
- Co-presenters, name, affiliation and contact details.
- Non presenting author name and affiliation.
- *A short biography of up to 100 words for the main presenter.
- A short biography of up to 100 words for each other person presenting.
- *Presentation type: confirmation if your presentation is one of the following – Oral, Short or Poster.
* indicates information that is required to submit your material now. Other information (non-asterisk) can be added later using a unique personal link that will be emailed to you at the completion of the submission process.
The template below can be downloaded to assist with your submission – the file is in MSWORD format.
Updating or adding to information submitted
During the submission processes, you will be required to set up an abstract ID/ login for each abstract you submit. Each abstract ID/login must be unique. You will also need to set a password – the same password may be used with multiple submissions. Keep the abstract ID/ login in a safe place as it will be needed to reset your password.
You will also receive an email containing a unique link. Keep this link in a safe place. This link also provides access to make changes to your abstract details. If you do not receive the link check your junk/spam folder.
Access to make any changes to your submission will be available until 28 May 2021.
Multiple Abstract Submissions
Should you have more than one abstract use this page to submit each abstract separately. You will receive a unique link for each abstract.
Critical Dates & Check List
27 Nov 2020 – Call for abstracts opens
28 May 2021 – Call for abstract closes
18 June 2021 – Notification to authors
2 July 2021 – Authors acceptance
20 July 2021 – Draft program available
The following information is required to submit your material:
- Contact details – main presenter
- Abstract title
- Abstract text
- Biography – main presenter
- Presentation format (Oral, Short, Poster)
There are three presentation types. You will need to decide on the most appropriate presentation type before you submit you material.
Full Oral Presentation
Full paper with or without PowerPoint Presentation. Duration 25 minutes plus 5 minutes discussion.
Short Oral Presentation
Full paper with or without PowerPoint Presentation. These presentations should briefly inform and challenge delegates on topical issues. Duration 15 minutes.
Poster presentations are visual displays of material that constitute an interactive and communicative medium, usually combining text and graphic information. Posters can be on any topic relevant to the conference theme. Posters will be displayed in the exhibition area for the duration of the Conference. It is expected that the presenter will be available during meal breaks to discuss the presentation with Conference delegates.
When checking the terms and conditions check box during the submission process you are agreeing to the following terms, conditions and copyright assignment:
- that you understand that presentation transcripts and/or papers and where applicable PowerPoint and poster presentations may be published in Conference brochures and programs, the Conference proceedings and Conference website; and
- that you assign Environmental Health Australia full authority to publish whole or part of this presentation, with acknowledgement, at any future time in any official publication of Environmental Health Australia; and
- you understand that it is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure accuracy of content; presentations will be published exactly as submitted.