45th EHA National Conference
“Environmental Health – Celebrating Triumphs and Tribulations”
26-29 September 2022 – Country Club Tasmania Launceston, TAS
Call for Abstracts Open
Abstract Submission Deadline 13 May 2022
Environmental Health Australia is seeking abstracts for oral, short or poster presentations to explore the conference theme: Environmental Health – Celebrating Triumphs and Tribulations.
This year the theme, “Environmental Health – Celebrating Triumphs and Tribulations” will bring together presenters from a variety of disciplines across the broader environmental health profession to share their expertise, knowledge and stories in relation to the theme and the environmental health community.
The aim of the conference is to explore the challenges of environmental health as it relates to the resilience of the profession as we deal with issues like climate change, natural disasters and pandemics that impact on environmental and public health. The conference will provide an opportunity for environmental health professionals to extend their skills and knowledge, network with their peers and explore opportunities for future collaboration.
The success of the conference relies on the contribution of papers. In this context, the conference committee invites you to submit an abstract in line with the theme of “Environmental Health – Celebrating Triumphs and Tribulations” as they relate to the following key topics:
- Pandemic preparedness / response / recovery
- Emergency management
- Climate change
- Drinking water and wastewater
- Waste management
- Water Management
- Food safety and consumer protection
- Communicable disease and vector control
- Improving environmental health practice
- Hazardous waste / Contaminated sites
- Public health
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander environmental health
Three types of presentation are available (for more details review how to submit page):
- Full oral presentation with or without slide presentation (30 minutes; 25 minutes plus 5 minutes for discussion)
- Short oral presentation of current projects / research / local issues. These presentations should briefly inform and challenge delegates on topical issues (15 minutes)
- Poster presentation. Poster presentations are visual displays of material that constitute an interactive and communicative medium, usually combining text and graphic information. Posters can be on any topic relevant to the conference theme. Posters will be displayed in the exhibition area for the duration of the Conference. It is expected that the presenter will be available during meal breaks to discuss the presentation with Conference delegates.
Presenters may submit their material at this website. Please thoroughly read the submission guidelines before you commence the submission process. The deadline for submission is 13 May 2022.
When checking the terms and conditions checkbox during the submission process you are agreeing to the following terms, conditions and copyright assignment:
- that all presenting authors will be required to register for the conference in order to ensure their abstract is included in the final program. Registration is complimentary for the day of the presentation. If you would like to attend the remainder of the conference, a daily attendance rate is applied;
- that all abstracts must be original work and that is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure the accuracy of content; presentations will be published exactly as submitted;
- that you understand that presentation transcripts and/or papers and where applicable PowerPoint and poster presentations may be published in Conference brochures and programs, the Conference proceedings and on the EHA website; and
- that you assign Environmental Health Australia full authority to publish whole or part of this presentation, with acknowledgement, at any future time in any official publication of Environmental Health Australia.