If you wish to Submit an abstract for the Environmental Health Australia 42nd National Conference 2017 please read the information on this page. The deadline for submission is 30 June 2017.
EHA is seeking abstracts for oral presentations, short presentations on current projects, research or local issues, panel discussion/debate and poster presentations to explore the conference theme: Environmental Health a Bridge to a New World.
- Food Safety
- Personal Appearance Services: body piercing, tattoos, infection control
- Public health: asbestos, clan labs
- Emergency / Disaster Management
- Environmental Management: incidence response
- Communicable Disease and Vector Control
- Pest management
- Waste Management
- Hazardous Wastes / Contaminated Sites
- Water quality: recreational, potable, untreated water
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Environmental Health
- Improving environmental health
Information required to complete your submission
To complete your submission will require the following information:
- *Abstract title.
- *Abstract: Maximum of 200 words. No images or graphs. Upload your file in one of the following formats MS WORD (doc & docx), txt or rft. Abstracts are to include identification of your theme and a brief outline of:
- problems that have occurred in your chosen topic
- solutions to these problems
- implementation of the new strategies; and
- evaluation of the above.
- Co-presenter and non-presenting author email details.
- *A short biography of up to 150 words for the main presenter
- A short biography of up to 150 words for each other person presenting.
- *Presentation type: confirmation if your presentation is one of the following – Oral, Panel or Poster.
* indicates information that is required to submit your material now. Other information (non-asterisk) can be added later using a unique personal link that will be emailed to you at the completion of the submission process.
The templates listed below can be downloaded and may assist with your submission – these files are in MSWORD format.
Unique Personal Link – Updating or adding to information submitted
Once you have submitted your information and it is received you will receive an email containing a unique link. Keep this link in a safe place. The link will give you access to your abstract material and will allow you to add to or amend any information submitted including uploading updated versions of this abstract.. You will have access to make any changes to your submission until 9 June 2017.
Multiple Abstract Submissions
Should you have more than one abstract use this page to submit each abstract separately. You will receive a unique link for each abstract.
Critical Dates & Check List
24 April 2017 – Call for abstracts opens
30 June 2017 – Call for abstract closes
31 July 2017 – Presenters advised of acceptance
The following (*) information is required to submit your material:
- Contact details – main presenter
- Abstract title
- Abstract [Form 1]
- Biography – main presenter [Form 2]
- Presentation format (Oral, Panel, Poster etc.)
When checking the terms and conditions check box during the submission process you are agreeing to the following terms, conditions and copyright assignment:
- that you understand that presentation transcripts and/or papers and where applicable PowerPoint and poster presentations may be published in Conference brochures and programs, the Conference proceedings and Conference website; and
- that you assign Environmental Health Australia full authority to publish whole or part of this presentation, with acknowledgement, at any future time in any official publication of Environmental Health Australia; and
- you understand that it is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure accuracy of content; presentations will be published exactly as submitted.